Each year the IT Awards celebrate the Off-Off-Broadway community while
honoring some of the most outstanding work of the season.
- Outstanding Actress in a Lead Role
- Outstanding Actor in a Lead Role
- Outstanding Actress in a Featured Role
- Outstanding Actor in a Featured Role
- Outstanding Solo Performance
- Outstanding Director
- Outstanding Sound Design
- Outstanding Lighting Design
- Outstanding Set Design
- Outstanding Costume Design
- Outstanding Innovative Design
- Outstanding Original Music
- Outstanding Original Full-length Script
- Outstanding Original Short Script
- Outstanding Choreography/Movement
- Outstanding Stage Manager
- Outstanding Ensemble
- Outstanding Premiere Production of a Play
- Outstanding Revival of a Play
- Outstanding Production of a Musical
- Outstanding Performance Art Production
The individual and production awards are adjudicated by the IT Awards Judging Pool made up of IT Awards participants and At-Large judges. This peer evaluation process allows Off-Off-Broadway to honor Off-Off-Broadway.
- The Artistic Achievement Award is presented to an individual
who has made a significant artistic contribution to the Off-Off-Broadway
- The Ellen Stewart Award formerly Stewardship Award is presented to an individual or
organization demonstrating a significant contribution to the
Off-Off-Broadway community through service, support and leadership
- The Caffe Cino Fellowship Award is presented to an Off-Off-Broadway theatre company that consistently produces outstanding work. This award also includes a grant ($1,000-$5,000) to be used toward an Off-Off-Broadway production.
- The Doric Wilson Independent Playwright Award is given to a playwright of any age, whose writing honors the innovation, uncompromising vision, heart, and spirit that was Doric Wilson and his work. Writers from the five boroughs of New York City who have not received an Off-Broadway, Broadway, or prominent regional theater production, are eligible for consideration. The recipient also receives an unrestricted grant.
Unlike the production awards, the Honorary Awards are decided by the Honorary Awards Committee and the Doric Wilson Independent Playwright Award Committee, which are made up of producers and artists from Off-Off-Broadway as well as from the New York theatre community at large.
Read Advice to the applicant from the Honorary Awards Committee