About the IT Awards
The New York Innovative Theatre Foundation was created to bring recognition to the great work being done in New York City's Off-Off-Broadway, to honor its artistic heritage, and to provide a meeting ground for this extensive community. The organization advocates for Off-Off-Broadway and recognizes the unique and essential role it plays in contributing to American and global culture. We believe that publicly recognizing excellence in Off-Off-Broadway will expand audience awareness and appreciation of the full New York theatre experience.
The IT Awards is a not-for-profit arts organization supporting the Off-Off-Broadway community by:
- Celebrating and Recognizing extraordinary Off-Off-Broadway Theatre
- Strengthening the community and collective identity of Off-Off-Broadway
- Honoring our artistic heritage
- Advancing public interest in and understanding of the theatrical arts
The IT Awards’ process involves all levels of the New York theatre community.
- Off-Off Broadway Community - We recognize
some of the best work being done by the estimated 40,000 artists
working in Off-Off-Broadway each year.
- Audience Participation - Audience members
have a voice, too. They can log on and offer their scores for
theatre they see.
- Judging Pool - Artists from all levels of
Off-Off-Broadway theatre, as well as professionals from the New
York theatre and entertainment community at large, evaluate
productions through out the season.
- Awards Committee - Artistic directors and
theatre professionals determine the recipients of the honorary
- Volunteers - Members of our community, along with business professionals who give their time and resources to support the New York Innovative Theatre Awards.